Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Viewing Active Calls on MGCP PRI Gateways

We switched our H323 PRI gateways in our 3660 routers from H323 to MGCP about 4 months ago. On the whole the change has been thoroughly positive.

However, when working on maintenance intervals or troubleshooting we used to be able to see who was active on any particular PRI with the show isdn active and other related commands. THis would show us the calling number, the called number, and the trunk ID.

MGCP configs of course don't populate the show isdn commands - and the show MGCP connection in the router doesn't have calling name or number. I can use perfmon on the callmanager to see how many calls are active on the gateway - but that doesn't do me any good when I need to find out who I'm about to affect with gateway maintenance or troubleshooting.

TAC cases so far tell me there's no solution here and I'm inclined to belive them - but it's just such no=brainer functionality that I can't belive it's not there - any third party solutions or scripts to do this? Any other way I'm missing?

Thanks!

- Ken

2 REPLIES

Re: Viewing Active Calls on MGCP PRI Gateways

The mgcp gateway is monitored via the call manager performance monitor, this will show active calls on the PRI gateway, as for the called and calling # this is not available as far as I knw.

Re: Viewing Active Calls on MGCP PRI Gateways

Yeah :-/ We monitor the gateway status via perfmon but were hoping that there was some secret way to find out who was on the gateway - when things are working well it's no big deal - when things aren't - it's enough to drive you back to H323 and the dial peers from the bad place :-(

Views
Helpful
Replies