cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

viewing ToS byte with debug or other utility

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Is there any way that I can determine if ToS is being used on packets using the debug features of router based IOS? If not, what else could I use?

Thanks,

Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Diego,

Are you using a LLQ CBWFQ policy? Typically you would need to for voice. If so a "show policy interface X/X" would show the counts for the queues.

To simply test for TOS bits, you could use an access list to match on TOS, apply it as an access-group on the appropriate interface, then show access-list to see the counts.

access-list 101 permit ip any any tos 5

access-list 101 permit ip any any tos 3

access-list 101 permit ip any any

interface e0/0

ip access-group 101 out

show access-list 101

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Diego,

Are you using a LLQ CBWFQ policy? Typically you would need to for voice. If so a "show policy interface X/X" would show the counts for the queues.

To simply test for TOS bits, you could use an access list to match on TOS, apply it as an access-group on the appropriate interface, then show access-list to see the counts.

access-list 101 permit ip any any tos 5

access-list 101 permit ip any any tos 3

access-list 101 permit ip any any

interface e0/0

ip access-group 101 out

show access-list 101

I had no idea I could use the tos parameter in an ACL. I am only used to using eq www and eq telnet. I guess that I should use the ? command more ;)

Thanks,

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: