cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail after upgrade from 2.4.0 to 2.4.5

tonygauderman
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading from 2.4.0 to 2.4.5, I no longer have Viewmail licenses. Viewmail still works for existing users, but new users I add can't use Viewmail because of the license issue. Did I get the wrong version of the upgrade, or of the license upgrade and what should I do to resolve this issue. I am about to order the 2.4.6 upgrade, but want to know how I should order the upgrade to make sure I have Viewmail after I upgrade.<br><br>Network Engineering Associates

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

I suspect someone boogered up the upgrade code and didn't give you enough/any VMO licenses. If you check KeyDump in the Unity program group it'll show you what's programmed on the key. If the ViewMail for Outlook license count is lower than you need, that's the problem.

You need to be sure to ask for X VMO licenses when you get your next upgrade code.

If the count for VMO is high enough but the SA is still not letting you add users and saying you're out of licenses, this could be another issue such as registry rights or something along those lines.

I'm guessing it's the simpler explanation of the value go set too low after your last upgrade code.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: