cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail Authentication - multidomain

mhanson
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone aware of a way to get viewmail to function across domains?

We are a hosting company that has a resource domain (call it ABC.com) that holds all of our exchange resources. Each user has an account in this domain that has their mailbox, which is disabled, and never logged into. The users log into multiple other domains (XYZ.com and RST.com for instance) The accounts that they log into have rights to read their mail in the ABC.com domain for the appropriate account.

When running viewmail in this manner, i get the following error:

Access was denied when connecting to the voice server. To use the telephone you must be logged into windows using the account associated with your subscriber account.

help if you can.

already contact TAC, they said i am SOL, but i am just bumping the forum to see if anyone has any ideas.

thanks

-m

1 Reply 1

mhanson
Level 1
Level 1

after digging into this a little deeper i found the GrantUnityAccess tool. had to run this for every subscriber account that i have, but it did function as planned.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: