Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

ViewMail causes Outlook to hang

Any ideas as to why installing ViewMail would cause Outlook to hang? <br><br>I installed Outlook 2000 on a machine that had just been set up with Win2k SP1, created a profile and connected no problems to the Unity server, saw my messages, etc. I even played one voice mail back from the Attachment section of the message window. I then updated my Outlook install to include the Collaboration Data Objects and installed ViewMail off of the Unity 2.46 CD. Subsequent attempts to start Outlook hang the program. Since then I've tried:<br><br>- uninstalling ViewMail (Outlook still hangs, couldn't even see contents of Inbox)<br>- uninstalling Outlook, then re-installing (Outlook displays contents of Inbox, but is hung -- can't open any messages, access menus, etc.<br>- reinstalling ViewMail over this fresh Outlook (Outlook hangs, can't even see contents of Inbox).<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>John Alling<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: ViewMail causes Outlook to hang

I'm not sure what to have you do here... I'm not familiar with any specific problem like this. You should really open a case with TAC if you haven't already. We'll need to get someone on the desktop group to investigate further (i.e. see if we can repro the same thing here).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: ViewMail causes Outlook to hang

I have seen this problem. Upgrade Outlook/Office 2K to sp2 (you have to install sp1 first), and that should do the trick.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content