Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewmail client for Unity 3.0

Is Viewmail client a required software piece (in Unified messagin) on client workstations? I was running the Unity 3.0 in my lab and for the two client workstations, i was not able to pull up the Unified Messaging email properly from within Outlook. <br>It gave some error msg boxes something like :Can't load some components, etc. After acknowledging all these msg boxes i was finally able to get into the email and retrieve the .Wav file voicemail. I just want to reconfirm with you whether ViewMail is a required component on the workstation (or if there is a work around so those error msg boxes will stop coming up).<br><br><br><br><br><br>Systems Engineer

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Viewmail client for Unity 3.0

those messages probably came up because at some point VMO had been installed on that client (i.e. the IPM.Note.Voice.Unity message class had been registrered on that box). Outlook would then truck out and try to load the form/DLLs for that which would spit out the error messages you're talking about.

VMO is not required and on a clean Outlook client you don't get those messages (I check my voice mail from the lab on an Outlook box all the time, it does not have VMO installed, I just listen to them as WAV files).

The uninstall of VMO (a newer one anyway) should clean out all those references. If not you can try the VMO cleaner application off AnswerMonkey which was used to handle problems in older 2.x versions of VMO which didn't do a hot job of cleaning that stuff out.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content