Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Viewmail for Outlook forms

Is there a way to actually remove the Viewmail for Outlook forms from Outlook 97 without being logged in as the user and manually removing it via Options\Manage Forms\Manage Forms?

We're planning on upgrading our VMO from 2.4.6 to 3.0.1.2. This is the latest version we can get to run with Outlook 97. I'm told I need to completely remove the previous version (Uninstalling from Add/Remove Programs bombs out on half the machines, and VMOCleaner gives me a Runtime Error, but I might be able to work around it.)

The uninstallation I can do with the remote software deployment setup we have. But the uninstall doesn't remove the form, and I can only log in as the special account we have setup, not as each individual user with the software we are using.

I originally thought the form was locally based, but that appears to not be the case. If I have my Outlook profile, with VMO installed, on two different machines, if I remove the form on one machine, it removes it on the other. Which would suggest it's not completely local afterall.

Is there any sort of reg hack I can use? Or any other advice?

4 REPLIES

Re: Viewmail for Outlook forms

Did you try these steps (from VMO RNs):

Removing a Previously Installed 2.4(6.x) Version of ViewMail

Any previously installed 2.4(6.x) version of ViewMail and the associated LightningFAX registry keys, if applicable, must be removed from subscriber workstations before ViewMail 4.0(2) is installed.

Note that after ViewMail is removed, the first voice message a subscriber receives appears as a voice message with the ViewMail icon. When the subscriber opens the message, Outlook displays an error message indicating that the voice message form is not available. However, the error message does not prevent the subscriber from opening the voice message.

Subsequent voice messages appear as e-mail messages with WAV attachments without the ViewMail icon, and no error message is displayed when subscribers open them.

To remove ViewMail version 2.4(6.x) and associated LightningFAX registry keys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 On each subscriber workstation running ViewMail, on the Windows Start menu, click Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.

Step 2 In the Currently Installed Programs list, click View Mail for Outlook, and click Change/Remove.

Step 3 Follow the on-screen prompts to remove ViewMail for Outlook. If prompted to delete a shared file, such as a DLL, click No to All.

Step 4 If the system was using LightningFAX, start Regedit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution Changing the wrong registry key or entering an incorrect value can cause the workstation to malfunction. Before you edit the registry, confirm that you know how to restore it if a problem occurs. (Refer to the "Restoring" topics in Registry Editor Help.) If you have any questions about changing registry key settings, contact Cisco TAC.

Step 5 If you do not have a current backup of the registry, click Registry > Export Registry File, and save the registry settings to a file.

Step 6 Remove the following two registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\

CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\LightningFAX 6.5 - PrintToMail.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Print\

Monitors\LightningFAX.

Step 7 Exit Regedit.

See docs: ://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a00801505de.html#1060416

Yes, I've already been through the uninstall docs. The uninstallation via add/remove programs fails to remove the Program Files\Viewmail directory, and the setup.exe and two dll.s in it. I've tried using the VMOCleaner, but it only gives me a runtime error when I try to run it. I can manually remove them easy enough with a script aftwerwards.

It's the Viewmail for Outlook form, which I mentioned previously, remains after the uninstall that I can't figure out how to remove with a script.

Cisco Employee

You should not have to manually unpublish the form but you will need enough rights on the box to do the un-install (remove system files, access the registry). Note that Outlook caches form information and the only way to clear out that cache is to restart Outlook after the un-install. VMO does consist of per-user and per-machine components and on Windows 2000 PC’s, you will see the form follow the user as part of the OS’s roaming profiles so you should have VMO files installed locally on any PC that a VMO user will log into.

For the 2.4.6 uninstall see the “Removing a Previously Installed 2.4(6.x) Version of ViewMail” section in the 3.1 release notes (I know you are installing 3.0 VMO but the uninstall information is still relevant):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a00800875e9.html

For the failed uninstalls, you need to do some manual cleanup. I’ve copied some steps below on how to do that. I’d suggest installing the new version in the same directory that the old version used to avoid problems with Outlook’s cache.

Start Outlook

If you receive any error messages, note the directory mentioned in the message

Go to Tools Options, Other, Advanced Options, Add-in Manager

Uncheck the ViewMail Extensions option

Exit Outlook

Uninstall VMO from Add/Remove Control Panel

Delete any ViewMail directories on the system (usually in C:\Program Files)

Open Outlook, click through error messages

Go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Custom Forms, Manage Forms

Highlight ViewMail for Outlook then Delete

Uncheck the ViewMail Extensions option

Exit Outlook

Start Outlook and make sure there are no errors and that the VMO form is unpublished (voicemails appear as emails)

Exit Outlook

Install ViewMail into the same directory as noted in the error message

If you need to install ViewMail into a separate directoty, follow these steps:

After installing ViewMail, start Outlook

Check the ViewMail Extensions option

Restart Outlook to load the form (make sure voicemails appear as voicemails)

Close Outlook

Uninstall VMO from Add/Remove Control Panel

(All of the above only fixes the extend.dat problem)

Open Outlook

Go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Custom Forms, Manage Forms

Highlight ViewMail for Outlook then Delete

The ViewMail Extensions option should no longer appear in the list

Close Outlook

Delete any ViewMail directories on the system (usually in C:\Program Files)

If they exist, delete the following files from \Windows\System32 or \Winnt\System32:

AvResLoaderSvrSl.dll

AvResSvr.dll

AvTrapConnectionHolderSvr.exe

AvTsmSL.dll

AvVox.acm

AvWavSL.dll

Sl_g729a.acm

Install newer version of ViewMail, as desired

Cisco Employee

With regards to your question about the form being locally based - the clients team had this to say:

================

We publish the VMO form in the user's personal forms library - which is typically on the exchange server. So, the form will follow the user from machine to machine (even if you don't use Windows roaming profiles). If you remove it from one machine - it is gone from everywhere - since you've actually removed it from the form library on the exch server. This does nothing to the exchange extensions - which are local to the machine and shared by all users on that machine.

Views
Helpful
Replies