Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

ViewMail for Outlook Users

Greetings and Salutations. <br><br><br>Recently, we became aware that 2 users were using ViewMail for Outlook Users to check their Voice Mail. Unfortunately, we did not purchase any licenses for this and therefore need to track down who is using it and disable there access to it. <br><br>My suspicions are that it is in Exchange Admin Console, but I am unsure how I would be able to tell, if even possible, which user is using their account in the above mentioned way. <br><br>Any thoughts or possible solutions to this would be greatly appreciated.<br><br><br>Thank you for your time and have a nice day.<br><br><br>-G<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: ViewMail for Outlook Users

Are they using TRAP to check messages or local sound cards? If they're using TRAP you should be able to fish through the call activity logs. If this is a 3.1(3) system you can turn on a diag in the Arbiter (I don't have it handy in front of me, I'll have to check) and it'll show you which types of outbound and inbound calls are coming in/out of the system including TRAP dialouts. You should be able to run it down that way.

If they're using local sound cards/speakers then I can't think of a snappy way to check for this easily...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies