Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ViewMail hangin on Install

We've deployed Viewmail (version 3.0(1.20)) across our LAN - and have had about 80% success - on the remaining clients (all Office XP with latest patches) the install hangs just after the install indicates it's copying From.wav - it launches a second window about saving information and never progresses. Reinstallas of office havn'nt helped and it just seems odd since others just slide on without a problem...<br><br>Anyone have an idea? :-)<br><br> - Ken<br><br>Ken Johnson<br>Mgr. Network Services<br>LeTourneau University<br>http://www.letu.edu/

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: ViewMail hangin on Install

This sounds familiar, however I have not heard of it occurring for the Unity 3.0 VMO.

I've heard of this problem before on DELL client PC's with pre-installed OS. The Dell pre-install includes YAMAHA SOUND SYNTH software which causes some sort of conflict with VMO. This software comes on the Dell Optiplex Resource CD that ships with the new Optiplex systems.

The workaround is to remove the Yamaha software from Add/Remove programs and then install VMO. This will not hinder multimedia functionality.

Is this the issue you are seeing?

Anonymous
N/A

Yes! That's it exactly! :-) Thanks!

THey are Dells - and some have been reinstalled while others are factory fresh - they do have that Yamaha Synth software because I tried to disable it during my troubleshooting (tried turning off all OEM stuff) but when i couldn't find a way to disable it I didn't go so far as to remove it altogether - my current faculty member is busy right now but I'll go pull that off later and I'm sure that's it.

Thanks!

- Ken

Ken Johnson
Mgr. Network Services
LeTourneau University
http://www.letu.edu/

Anonymous
N/A

It works!!

Views
Helpful