Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

viewmail playback

Users log in a domain A which is a different domain than Unity server is in . Exhange server is in the same damain A. My question is: Is there a problem whne use Viewmail to playback voicemail to IP phone? We experienced a kind of similar problem but in a little different enviroment. Just want to confirm this before talk to customer. Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: viewmail playback

You will have problems authenticating with Unity across a domain if you don't have a trust setup. With the SA/AA you'll have to authenticate a 2nd time when you go to use the media master control. With VMO you wont be able to use TRAP in that case.

Unity 4.0 will offer a different secruity method (i.e. as an alternative to NTLM here) which will work around this problem with the media master working across domains or through firewalls. But until then you will have difficulty coming across untrusted domains.

So as long as we setup trust between two domains, VMO should work fine? By the way, what's the TRAP? How do I use it? Thanks.

Cisco Employee

TRAP is Telephone Record And Playback. This is the option on the media master control in the VMO forms and SA/AA pages where you can have it call you on the phone and use that as the device to playback and record messages, greetings, voice names... instead of your microphone and speakers on the local PC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content