Views
Helpful
Replies

ViewMail problem

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a Unity 4.0(1) server working with off-box Exchange 2000. Users have Windows XP workstations with Office XP/Office 2003 .

VMO form is not applied to an incoming voicemail in inbox on a remote site working with POP3. It looks like a standard .wav attachment and I can play it with Media player without any problem.

I can record and send an outgoing Voice Mail using VMO form.There are no error messages at all.

The antivirus was disabled before the installation, there is nothing in "Disabled Items" as well.

ViewMail extensions is checked in Add-in Manager .Security set to Medium.

I have look at the following bug and none of the workarounds work in this case

CSCdx62431,CSCdw58108,CSCdz88852

I used 4.0(3b) for workstations with outlook 2003.

VMO does not work on any workstation on this site. Users in the central location working with IMAP don't have any problem

Please advise

Thanks,

Marina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VMO form relies on properties on the messages (MAPI extensions such as message class and media flags) to determine if a message is a voice mail or not. It doesn't just look for any WAV attachment and then load itself (form extensions don't allow for that).

POP3 doesn't preserve these MAPI extensions and so the messages will come through simply as email (IPM.Note) with attached WAV files.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VMO form relies on properties on the messages (MAPI extensions such as message class and media flags) to determine if a message is a voice mail or not. It doesn't just look for any WAV attachment and then load itself (form extensions don't allow for that).

POP3 doesn't preserve these MAPI extensions and so the messages will come through simply as email (IPM.Note) with attached WAV files.

thanks