Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Viewmail won't "call contact" in Outlook

I've been experimenting with the "call contact" feature, where you use VM to dial the phone number of a contact in outlook (using callmanager 3.07 and 7960 phones.) It works fine on 95/98 platforms, but not with 2k. In 2k, I get a message like "an internal error occured in the automatic phone dialer, close dialphone dialog box and open again." When setting up the phone device in outlook, on 2k I only see some ip phone device designation and h323, not the actual mac address of my IP phone, as I do on the 95/98 platforms. Is the auto-dialer VM feature available on 2k workstations? I'm using Unity 2.4.6.102 with the VM that was supplied on that CD.<br><br>

6 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Viewmail won't "call contact" in Outlook

Are you talking about the old ViewMail application for Repartee? VMO with Unity doesn't have a "call contact" feature (unless a wiley engineer slipped it in without telling me).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

The call contact feature is an Outlook feature and has nothing to do with Unity's VMO.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Are there plans to have "Call Contact" in Outlook work with Unity (click on Outlook contact & then the phone dials the number for you) in a future Unity release?

Anonymous
N/A

That would not really be a voicemail system feature, it's really more a function of the phone system or client phone. This is one of the main reasons that TAPI & TSAPI were developed, so that phone systems could interact with software applications.

Something like SoftPhone might be able to do this, but I don't know if that method is supported.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

I dunno...all I know is that, from Outlook, I can go to contacts, select one, choose the auto-dialer, go into dialing options and see my IP phone (on 98 anyway). I don't know how this setting got in there without skinny protocol because I didn't configure anything specifically. I also see my softphone line. I have no idea how this works...just that it does with 98 and not 2k. Any clue?

Anonymous
N/A

The options that you are describing will be there if VMO is even not installed. It is purely an Outlook/Windows thing. If you are getting a choice for dialing devices, that is because there are the default and installed (SoftPhone) TSPs installed on the system. When you say it shows your IP phone, what exactly does it show? Does it show "IPCONF line"? I think whatever is showing up there are the default TSPs that Windows has.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies