Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ViewMail

I am using Active Voice integrated with Microsoft Exchange 5.5. At times Outlook clients will receive a message reading, "The server is not available at this time" or "No server could be found" or something to that effect. I have tried to reproduce the problem to see what may be causing this to happen, but have been unsuccessful. I initially thought it was a result of the client's pc losing connection to the network at some point and then reestabling its network connection but for some reason not the connection with the Active Voice server. But I have tested that and that was not the answer. Can you offer any assistance to the cause of the problem.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: ViewMail

I'm assuming this message is coming up in a dialog box when you try to do a TRAP connection to Unity (i.e. use your phone as a media device to playback/record messages at your desktop)?

If so, I think your original idea is probably correct... we try to contact the Unity server using the iformation in the VMO options settings, it checks to see if there's an available port and if the user is cleared to do this and then initiates the dialout. If it's saying it can't contact the server, that normally means just that... it didn't get anything back when it tried to initiate a connection.

I'm unclear how you ruled that out... what did you test that indicated to you this wasn't the problem?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content