Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Virtual mailboxes size alert

hi Jeff<br><br>We have a stand alone unity site ie not on the LAN -voicemail only. the site has virtual mailboxes.is there any way we can alert the system manager if ppl are not checking their virtual mailboxes? i know we can run a report or limit the size of the mailbox in exchange but is there any other way eg. unity alerting a system manager that a virtual mailbox has a lot of messages?I have looked through the guides but can't find any info on this.the site is a unity 2.4.0<br><br>thanx your help is greatly appreciated<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Virtual mailboxes size alert

Unity can't be configured to send out a warning on user mailbox sizes, at least at this time. We warn users when they call in that their mailbox size is filling up and, of course, Exchange will bounce messages when the box fills up all the way. We're not sweeping out and checking the inbox size of users' all the time, we only look when we log into your box to check messages.

The subscriber report will dump out their inbox size but that doesn't sound like what you want...

We do maintain a property called "AVP_TIME_LAST_CALL" which keeps track of the last time that subscriber called into check their messages... this is probably what you're interested in getting at, right? If so, I can add this to the subscriber information dump utility on my web page in about 20 minutes. You could run the report with the alias, extension and time-last-call (and possible the first-time-enrollment flag which will tell you if the person has NEVER called in) and dump out the info to a CSV file. It's an easy matter to open it in Excell, sort by that column and find out who the folks that haven't been into their voice mailboxes are.

if that sounds like what you're looking for, let me know.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Hi jeff

that AVP_LAST_Time call sounds like a good idea.
if you could put that on the website it would be nice
thanx for your help

Anonymous
N/A

Ok. I updated the Subscriber Dump utility to include the time the subscriber last called in and while I had the hood open, snagged the total size of their mailbox and included that as an option as well.

note that the time the suscriber called in is dumped out in GMT, not your local time. I'll fiddle with converting it to the local time on the box later but it didn't sound like you guys were worried about it deviating from your local time by a few hours... sounds like you're wanting to know if someone hasn't called in to check messages in a week or something along those lines.

anyway... good luck.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

thanx a lot Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content