Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Messages missing

We have had our Unity (2.4.6 135) running in our corporate office on Call Manager 3.1(2c) for about 1 month. Many people have reported that they know they aren't getting all of their messages. Outside callers say they have left messages for our people that we never received. I haven't noticed any pattern, but I do know of it happening twice to myself, once on an internal call that I even heard the guy sitting next to me place the call where he got my voice mail, left a message and hung up. Others have said that their volume of messages has gone down tremendously since our cutover from the old VM system. At first I was just disregarding these reports, but I have heard it from many people here, including the president of our company. I am starting to believe there might be a problem.<br>Thanks,<br>Todd<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: VM Messages missing

The first thing to check is the Unaddressed Messages distribution list. By default the Example Administrator is the only member of this group (our admin setup guide instructs you to add at least one "real" person to this list). If you haven't done that, create a message profile for the Example Administrator account and check his mailbox... I'm betting dimes to dollars you'll see a few messages in there.

If messages are left for someone who's mailbox is full or their home Exchange server is not available at the moment or there's network problems etc... messages are shuttled off to this distribution list (after retr attempts in the case of servers being off line and the like). Unity is never going to just throw a voice mail away arbitrarily.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Gold

Re: VM Messages missing

If you have more than 1 Exchange server you might want to check for Exchange MTA errors. This could cause messages to get queued and not be delivered in a timely fashion.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content