cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM phone greeting

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is there way to set internal and external and temporary greeting for VM user? If can, how can it identify which greeting should play?<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

yes, there are 5 greetings for each user (standard, off hours, internal, busy, alternate).

The decision tree looks like this (rules are evaluated top down here) :

1. If the alternate greeting is enabled, it plays

2. if the calling number corresponds to the ID of a subscriber on the system AND the internal greeting is active, it plays.

3. If the call forwarded busy into Unity and the busy greeting is active, it plays

4. if it's after hours and the after hours greeting is active, it plays

5. If you get this far, the standard greeting will play. It is always active no matter what and will play regardless if no other rules kick in.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Ok. I know how to record the regular greeting.But how can I record internal greeting by using phone?

Not applicable

You'll have to do it via SA or AA.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

ButI log in my mail box and there are only 3 greetings can be recorded: standard, closed hour and alternate greeting.

Not applicable

As Steve already said, if you want to get at the busy and internal greetings you must do this through the web interface (the SA/AA). Those two greetings are not accesible over the phone interface.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: