cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO calls but doesn't play message

PPecullan
Level 1
Level 1

The subject says it all. <br><br>Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.6.102<br>Server: Win2k Sp2, Exchange Server 5.5 SP4<br>Cleint: Win2k SP2, Citrix Metaframe 1.8 SP2<br><br>Has been working perfectly in this configuration for months now. Not sure if the problem is at the client computer or server. <br><br>Last thing done to each machine (last night):<br>Unity Server - Rebooted.<br>Client - demoted from a DC to a member server. Also re-applied SP2.<br><br>I have removed and reinstalled VMO and stopped and started Unity. Neither helped.<br><br>Any Ideas?<br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

Is it just no audio or does the slider not move either? No error messages in the Unity server's event log? It never times out on the client side?

The only thing that jumps out at me there is SP2... we know there is at least a couple confirmed problems with SP2 on Unity 2.4.x and QA has not yet completed testing (it seems to be OK on 3.0, however). I'm not sure what the issue would be but is there any chance you can back off the SP2 long enough to try it one way or the other?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

No audio and the slider does not move. There are no errors on the Unity Server event log or the client event log. It does not time out on the client side.

Since this started I have probably tried listening to varioue messages 50+ times. on only 1 occasion I did get an error on the client. The message was as follows:

Title Bar - Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Red X Runtime error
Program: c:\wiinnt\system32\avtrap~1.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call
OK button only.

This was the first time I have ever seen this error message and I can reproduce it.

Yes I most likely can back SP2 off the Unity server but it has been working that way for about 2 weeks. In any case I'll give that a try.

Does this mean you think the problem is on the server side and not the client?

Not applicable

I am having the same problem. I am on Unity 2.4.6.126, CM 3.0(10). My Unity is on a MCS-7835, NT 4.0(sp6a), Exchange 5.5(sp4). Any thoughts?

Not applicable

You're getting that same exact error message or VMO is just not working for you in general?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I am getting the symptom of not hearing playback on the phone. I press play on the MMC, it rings the phone, and nothing plays. The MMC playback bar does not move. Everything is on the same LAN.

We have Unity 2.4.6 build 102 using TSP 1.0.0.32 and CallManager 3.09. Unity is installed on a Win2000 SP1 server running Exchange SP4. Our Clients are Dell Latitude Laptops running Win98 and Win2000. The problem is intermittent and more common on Win98. I can play a message via the phone no problem, then the next time I try, it no workee. The phone rings, I pick up and there is silence and the status bar never moves. I go into a half hour meeting, come back and try it again without so much as a shut-down of Outlook and the message plays over the phone just fine. I was told to use an IP address instead of a server name in VMO options. This falsely appeared to fix the problem and the issue still occurs.

Has anybody had similar problems and found a solution?

Not applicable

This is probably the AVTRAPConnectionHolder sticking around in memory too long... this is a known problem that's been fixed in 3.0. In 2.4.6 build 126 (released now) the max time this guy can live is 90 seconds. In 2.4.6 build 135 (coming soon) this is adjustable in the registry... some folks want it to die right away, others want more time. We're all about the love here, so we made it varriable using everyone's favorite configuration tool, the registry.

The deal was the connection holder sticks around in memory so you don't have to reconnect to the Unity server every time you go to a new message or bounce around in email for a second... that'd be annoying. This guy had a problem where in some cases it'd stick around for quite a while (many minutes) before dropping out. If it's in memory when you've disconnected and want to connect again, you'll get the symptoms you see.

You can verify you have this problem by looking at the task manager while the system is in this state and you should see the connection holder in the list... if you kill it you should be able to connect again no problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: