Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VMO Client on OL2000

Recenlty we have had a problem installing the VMO client on OL2000. It gives me the error the the windows messaging subsystem is not installed. However, i only get this problem on systems that have OL2000 installed on Gateway computers. I looked over the knowledge base at microsoft and they tell me to installed the WMS.EXE file, but that overwrites outlook and i have to reinstall outlook. Thats seems to work but then upon booting up oulook i get an error that one of the DLL's in the viewmail folder is not working correectly. Is their anyway to install VMO without having to install wms.exe and reinstall outlook? All other machines install VMO fine except for the gateways. Thanx<br><br>MIKE<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: VMO Client on OL2000

We ended up solving this with the site… just so folks know what the deal was:

For whatever reason the Outlook2000 installation wasn’t adding a key it normally should. The MAPIX key wasn’t being added and we check for that prior to install. If we don’t see it or it’s value isn’t “1” then we’ll abort the install with the “windows messaging subsystem not installed” message.

The odd thing is, it IS installed, the key just didn’t get set. In this case we went into “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem” and added a string key called “MAPIX” and gave it a value of “1”. After that the VMO install went through and everything worked cool. This procedure worked on all the boxes having problems.

I don’t have an explanation as to why the Outlook 2000 install/upgrade would not set that key on those particular boxes. Very strange.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies