cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO for Office/Outlook 2003

frazier24
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed within the 4.0(3) release notes that Outlook 2003 was not mentioned. By any chance does anyone know if this is the case and of when Cisco plans to support Outlook 2003?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

ben.fuller
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue, VMO 4.0(3) does not work with Outlook 2003 and the customer is currently testing Outlook 2003 for potential deployment. Is there a timeframe for a supported version? (Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 was officially launched here in Australia last week)

Thanks

Ben

vmo 4.0(2) works for me with Win Server 2003/Office 2003

will try 4.0(3) now

ah i see now there are some issues

Support is planned for 4.0(4) but that release is 4-5 months out at this point.

Thanks,

Keith

Actually, there will be support for 2003 before then - MS did introduce a problem for the existing VMO form but there is a work around that will be posted as a release note on a DDTS record later today - there will also be a ES release of the VMO form to support 2003 later.

We'll follow up here when the DDTS record is updated and we have more info on the ES work.

Thanks for the great response.. I appreciate this since it will help our customers plan their strategy moving forward.

Lee

OK - the DDTS record for this bug has been updated by the clients folks to include the instructions for how to apply a work around for problems with the existing VMO form in Outlook 2003 - the bug link is here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCec66860&Submit=Search

There is also an engineering special version of VMO that will be available to TAC shortly that will fix the VMO form for OL2003 for US English installs - the localized version probably wont come out until the next release of Unity.

Thanks!

I have tested this today with Outlook 2003 and it appears to fix the issue. Only one note for the workaround, step 2 should be:

Create "Cfg Forms Version"

Not, "Create Cfg Forms Version"

Ben

A new version of VMO to support Outlook 2003 was released last week. The new release - VMO 4.0(3b) - is now available on CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a00801d6728.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: