cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO installation

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We are currently running into problems when we are installing the VMO Client. The problems are with versions 2.3 , 2.45 , 2.46.<br> <br>The installer program locks up almost at the end of the installation. The last file displayed is c:\programfiles\viewmail\tfxfaxl.ico <br><br>The problems seems to be when we install on win2000 and outlook 2000. It has happened with both SP1 and 2 for Win 2000. We have checked the locale settings on the client and they are correct ( set to UK ).<br><br>Can any one help.<br> <br><br>

8 Replies 8

Not applicable

do you admin rights to make changes?

schois

Not applicable

Thanks for reply.

Yes we have full domain admin rights. I am using the same account to install on all machines and it has gone through on the odd machine leading me to think that there maybe a component missing or a conflict on the machines that have failed. However the network guys tell me that their rollouts are absolutely standard.

The problem is occuring at two diferent sites that I administer. The first site is on Unity 2.3. Here I have upgraded to version 2.45 of VMO to try and solve it but to no avail.

Site 2 is running Unity 2.46. VMO installed with no problems on the first 2000 client but since then its the same problem every time.

Thanks for your help.

dave

Not applicable

I have the same issues coming up NOW at a large high profile site. Are there any developments here?
Customer states specifically:

When I try to install ViewMail on a client's machine it hangs. The machine is a [Dell] GX150 with W2K and SP2. We tried installing on an identical machine and it hangs at the same place, also. We think SP2 is causing the problem. Would you contact Active Voice to find out if there is a conflict with W2K SP2 and ViewMail?

Not applicable

There's no SP2 issues here relative to VMO... I have Win2K with SP2 and VMO installed on it from 2.4.6 102 no problem. Anything else installed on the box (i.e. security patches to Outlook) or anything along those lines? Can you install on a box without SP2 that's configured identically (other than the SP)?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Are other versions of ViewMail for Outlook2000 availible for testing? If so, are they downloadable from your website?

Not applicable

Continued: ViewMail is hanging upon install whenever it gets to the "TfxFrmFax.cfg" file. Are there any updates for that file, in particular?

Not applicable

"tfxfrmfax.cfg" seems to be related to the Yamaha Synth. player that comes in the Drivers CD that comes with Dell systems.
Solution that I found for my customer was uninstalling Yamaha player and use the Windows Media player.
After uninstalling Yamaha player, there was no problems installing VMO.

Not applicable

We have 2 client machines back at our workshop. Both Dells OPtiplex GX150 and GX110, we have tried various Bios updates (This is what the TAC thought), made no difference. VMO install has failed on SP1 and SP2. These machines are virgins! no Anti Virus etc... We have re-installed Win2000 on the same machine and it then works. We are currently looking into weather or not it could be the way Dell does an install of Win2000.

Any more input to this problem would be great. It is obviously effecting many people as my original post has had 126 views.