cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO on Outlook XP

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,<br><br>I know that VMO is not offically supported in Unity 3.0 but can I use VMO under OutlookXP? When I install it, it shows "Collaboration Data Object" is not installed in the machine. <br><br>Can someone help me how to install VMO under Outlook XP?? <br><br>Thanks !!<br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

You've always got to install CDO regardless of which Outlook version you're using. It's part of the Outlook install (but isn't selected by default).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Yes, for Outlook 2000. I can select this component CDO. But in XP, it seems I cannot find such component.

Also, do you seccussfuly install VMO inot Outlook XP before??

Thanks !

Not applicable

no, I haven't but I know some folks in APT have done this. Joe does indicate CDO is an option somewhere in the XP installation, but I can't get you there not having done it myself.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

It works just fine for me. The CDO option is definately in the setup for Outlook, the branch is labeled "Collaboration Data Objects"

-Dustin

Not applicable

Hi Dustin,

So would you give me some guideline on how to select CDO from Office XP? My system support said XP will automatically install CDO for user. And user doesn't require to do anything. Is that right ??

Thanks !!

Not applicable

I have VMO running on my laptop with XP and Unity 2.4.6 as a system. It works fine.I learned a long time ago, just for this reason, that when you install Outlook select "run all from my computer" on a custom install. I have not had an issue since then

Not applicable

Hi,

Does anyone install VMO successfully on office XP before? My customer wants to use it on his outlook XP when connecting with Unity 2.46 or 3.0. How he can do that?? Would someone share this technique with me? Thanks !