Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VMO

I am using Unity 2.4.6.135. I am currently installing 2 CCM and 1 Unity server into an existing NT4 network. This network is setup with 2 different domains. Application servers in one domain and mail server in the other. When users logon to network they are logging onto application domain. To get email they open outlook and login to mail domain. Unity is part of the mail domain and tied into the existing exchange 5.5 site. Heres my problem. With VMO I can't playback to phone or record w/ phone because I didn't log into the computer with the subscriber account. Is there any changes that I can make within vmo to make this work. I would like to make this work without having to make too many changes to their current setup. <br><br>

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: VMO

Check out this thread:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=3086&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1#Post3086

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

I am able to ping the unity server by host name. Basically, it is telling me that I am not logged into the computer with a subscriber account. I am not logged into the computer with subscriber account. When I open outlook I log into the mail domain with the subscriber account. When I try to play the message to the phone that is when I get ther error.

Gold

OK the quick answer is that no this can't be changed. Unity uses the security token of the logged in user to authenticate through DCOM.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Do you know if this is going to be changed in a future release of VMO?

Anonymous
N/A

Not in the near term. DCOM is the connection vehicle for the time being, we'll probably use sockets/SIP or something similiar down the road (i.e. 3.2 or later) but nothing in the real short term.

With DCOM you're going to have to setup bi directional trusts or use a single domain (a model MS is pushing with AD quite a bit) if you want this to fly.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content