Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VMO

We just installed Unity Enterprise and I have a question I hope someone could help with. The ViewMail seemed to install correctly ie no errors. I see the options in outlook. The form did not install so I installed it manually. Out of 10 voice mails 1 displayed the form. I found that while in this form I could go to next message and it retained the form till I ran out of voice messages. To regain the form I had to hit that one Specific message. Anyone have a suggestion?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: VMO

Hi Mike.

Well… that’s an unusual problem and I have no idea how that could be done even if we were trying. Outlook associates a message class with a custom form. In this case IPM.NOTE.Voice.Unity for voice mails. If a form is installed to handle that class, it’ll fire it up. I have not clue at all why it would decide to sometimes call our form and sometimes not. Something is squirrelly about the form install.

I’m not sure what you mean when you say “The form did not install so I installed it manually”. What, exactly, did you do? If there were no errors, how did you determine the form didn’t install properly? This should not be necessary and I think the source of your problem lies with the fact that the setup failed.

I’m completely mystified at why you’d sometimes see the form and sometimes not. Does it just fire up the regular email form and just show the attached .WAV file for the ones that don’t fire up our form? You can check the message classes of the voice mails you’re looking at by adding an additional column to the Outlook form to view it. If they are all “IMP.Note.Voice.Unity” and some of them fire up the form and some of them don’t, you have one for the books.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content