Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice call indentity in the network

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to identify where calls are coming from ? we use a tnandem pbx bypass 7200 router in our voice core (a frame relay environment, using vofr)

we used to have connection tie-line statements used, fixing a voice port in one site to talk only to a voice port in another site. Now, We don't, but I want to somehow identify to the pbx, that a call is coming from our mexico location, as opposed to it jsut coming from the "voice/data net" I was thinking of maybe adding a digit when the call comes in t=from the distant pbx, so when that digit is seen when it hits my pbx, the pbx would know the call is from mexico.

Any other thoughts ? Do I need to explain more ?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Voice call indentity in the network

The best way to do this is by using a signaling type that has provisions to support "Caller ID" or the number of the calling party, such as ISDN PRI or E1 R2. Without that, the only way you could display a number or name is by programming something on the PBX.

Views
Helpful
Replies