Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice CCIE written beta

allan.wells
Level 3
Level 3

I'm just curious as to why the CCIE voice written would have questions

relating to CER e911 when its only applicable to NA same as the NANP @.

There are 1000's of people that will never use either app/feature changing NANP to suit is not supported anyway so if your not in the states why would you bother, so perhaps it would be a good idea to leave them out for the rest of the world and let theYanks go 911 mad.

I know there are much more appropriate questions that could be asked that would test ones knowledge of AVVID

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/le11/learning_ccie_exam_blueprint09186a008014da25.html#29

Thoughts for non beta blueprint.

my 2 cents..

9 Replies 9

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Allan,

I completely aggree with you here. This is something I've commented on during all the IPT exams I've taken.

Why should the rest of the world be forced into having to understand the NANP and 911. Sure the USA is probably where the biggest uptake of call manager has been so far but that's not to say it's where Cisco will sell the most in time.

The IPT Troubleshooting exams Bangs on about E911 support and 911 support (what kind of country could have different ways of calling emergency service depending on the state?) when the rest of the world doesn't care.

Cisco wake up!!! The rest of the world doesn't care about the USA phone network, don't make us have to care.

The exam should focus on real issues with installing call manager, hey just have a look at this forumn to understand what they are, not something very specific to one set of users.

Paul

Couldn't agree with you more, Paul. Cisco wake up!

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would also agree with you.

By the way, does anyone know how many questions must be answered correclty, so that you pass the CCIE Voice beta exam? It did not mention anything....

Regards,

Yanna

eyabane
Level 1
Level 1

Allan, you are right on the money. Nothing says that anyone passing this exam will be granted a green card to come work in the US :)

As to the passing score, my guess is that they will curve the results in such a way that only the expected load for the actual lab will be given the green light. For $50, that is proably the best we can expect. No insurance company ever covered a lab rat, clearly because the results are HIGHLY unpredictable.

E.

mclenden
Level 1
Level 1

Well I must say.....when I started reading this thread, I put a few more dents in the wall. Sounds like someone did poorly on the exam. I for one do not appreciate your remarks with respect to the US and the general sentiment the "Yanks" have about 911 calls.

Respectfully,

Michael Clendening

michael@netacie.com

CCIE #6487

Michael,

I'm sorry if I offeneded you.

In Australia we quite often refer to Poms, Yanks, etc especially in sport olympics this is normal and we have a sense of humour !!! you obviously dont .

I'd suggest you lighten up a little and stop putting dents in walls it could be quite costly as well as harmfull

Allan Wells

Michael,

As your a CCIE already I would have thought you would have been a lot more understanding of the frustration the rest of the world have, when forced to learn something VERY VERY specific to one country.

Had you been asked on your CCIE written exam to explain the inner workings of DASS II signalling when used on a WAN circuit in the UK, as an American you would have been quite upset and rightly so, you will not use DASS II and never will so why should you be expected to understand it.

The point of the postings is that CISCO have very strongly biased the CCIE voice to the USA, which makes it a JOKE of a qualification for the rest of the world, and no I haven't taken the exam yet, so I'm not bitter, just annoyed.

This is typical of North American companies (and many North Americans) that the rest of the world should fall into line with what they are doing. Well wake up we don't want to.

No offence is meant by calling North Americans Yanks, and as Allan says Brits are reffered to as Poms, we don't care, so look beyond your initial frustrations and see what our point was. Cisco should look to create an exam that is equal to all nationalities, not just the favoured one.

Paul

All,

The points here are very valid, time and time again I have found material and exams very biased to the US. I agree with PAUL 100% and think its probably time CISCO and other companies started to evaluate real world scenarios as opposed to US centric.

After all are we not part of a global community and isn't this "Global" thinking Ciscos primary business?

Secondly its unprofessional to bring up personal feelings in a forum such as this. Although I understand your emotions they are probably best left out. I'm pretty sure that no one meant anything by calling "you", "yanks" but I guess what is acceptable to one community might not be so acceptable to another.

Kind Regards

Muarrij

Personally, I can understand the frustration of people outside the US. But, I'm also happy it's on there from my standpoint. I deal with CER quite often, and if anyone has worked with it before, you will quickly understand that it is a complex, configuration-intensive product. I am happy it's on there! It'll make me understand the fundamentals better when I'm on my next install. I also, sympathize with people outside the country. If I had to know very specific things with regard to European, British, Aust...etc I would be upset too!

Whether you're a Yank, Pop, Peep, Geek, Goof, or whatever, we're all here to accomplish the same thing in trying to keep up with all this stuff! Unfortunately, I don't think this thread will have much impact on Cisco taking CER off the written, but maybe an email or 2 to the CCIE Voice program Mgr will be beneficial. Just send it to ccie@cisco.com...Melody Green will direct it to him.