Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice/Data convergence

My design has a DMS switch connected to a T1 port on a 2-port T1 VWIC in a 2651 at the enterprise location.(this will be customer voice traffic) I plan to drop/insert several DS0s onto the second T1 port on the VWIC along with a channelized data group from other router interfaces out and onto a T1 circuit.

On the other end of the T1 circuit, the design will connect a similiarly configured 2651 and pass the drop/inserted voice DS0s to a small branch office PBX.

I would also like to add a FXS card at the enterprise location to allow users to dial into the branch office PBX.

Has anyone worked with something like this? Any issues I need to be aware of? Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES

Re: Voice/Data convergence

Hi,

may be you should use VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI /DI stands for Drop & Insert/. On the other hand, the topology implies that users should use the PBX in the enterprise location to reach the branch office - all voice sessions should pass through the central PBX. You should probably consider using the DI for the second task as well.

Re: Voice/Data convergence

VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI is right what you need. With this card you will also be able easy to convert DS0 circuit voice to packet VoIP. It is good to install IOS 12.1(3)T or later to use EADI (Enhanced Availability Drop and Insert)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content