cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Directory

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

NeaxMail AD-120 ver 2.4.6.102<br>When callers enter the directory, and press the keys corresponding to the last name, they do not get the listing. Several mailboxes do work for their names though. After having compared between a "broken" mailbox, and one that is working, I have found and tested the following to be true...<br>If someone is set to "Enroll on next login", and they had, at one time, already set up their mailbox, they will be listed in the directory. If they are not set to enroll, they will not be listed in the directory whether they have set up their mailbox or not.<br>Has anyone run into this issue??????!!!???<br> <br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

the enroll at next login shouldn't have any impact on the alpha directory... doesn't ring any bells about bugs in earlier versions either, but I could be wrong. I'm assuming you have the "list in directory" option set.

The most common problems folks have with the alpha directory is not having a voice name recorded and (less frequently) the first/last name is changed in Exchange and the spelling doesn't get updated in Unity.

The first problem is much more common. For subscriber to subscriber message addressing a recorded voice name is not required (we spit out the extension number in that case). But for outside callers using the directory handler to search for users, the name will not be offered at all unless a proper voice name is recorded. Folks trip up on that now and again.

If neither of those is the case, follow up and we'll go from there.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Yes, the "List in Directory" option is flagged, and the name is recorded.

Also, if the mailbox is set up with voice recording, password, and greeting, and they are flagged for first time enroll, they will be listed in the directory whether the "List in Directory" flag is on or off.

Not applicable

Hmmmm... that's pretty odd. I certainly don't remember hearing about any bugs along these lines in 2.4.6. Can you do a quick check for me? Pop open DOHPropTest.exe (no password needed, just use it in read-only mode), go to the mail users collection and select one of the subscribers having trouble showing up in the alpha directory. The two properties of interest are "AVP_LIST_IN_DIRECTORY" and "AVP_NEW_MAIL_USER". Flip the "first time enrollment" checkbox in the SA back and forth, save and check what this does to these two values for that user (be sure to refresh DPT by moving off the user and back again to get it to pull the new values).

It should simply be filtering on the list in directory flag when searching for a name match and if the user has no recorded name the record is skipped during playback of the list. It sure sounds like the flags are not getting updated properly or some such thing.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I have already tried that prior to posting, but I did try it again. User shows AVP_LIST_IN_DIRECTORY as a 1 and the AVP_NEW_MAIL_USER as a 0. I try the call, and again, do not get listed in the directory.

I make the change to the Enrollment flag, update the DOH, and see that the AVP_NEW_MAIL_USER is flagged as a 1, the AVP_LIST_IN_DIRECTORY is a 1, and the user is now listed in the directory.

Conversely, if I eliminate the AVP_LIST_IN_DIRECTORY flag by changing it in the Subscriber profile, they are still listed in the directory.

Hmmmmm.....

Not applicable

Could you check to see if the none working subscribers have a recorded voice?

Randy Pierce, MCSE, MCP+Internet, MCP
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Not applicable

The "non-working" subscribers do have a voice recorded in their mailbox.

Jason Murray
jrmurray@eschelon.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: