Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Echo

I have several users who use Cisco IP Phones (7910, 7940, 7960) that report when they answer a call from outside the AVVID system they hear an echo of their own voice. The problem is intermittent and I have had little success in recreating the problem or pinpointing a common situation. We are using two Call Managers (version 3.1), two VG200's and one DSP farm. Any suggestions? Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Voice Echo

Echo is always caused by the equipment of the person you are calling or from which you received a call. You can never fix the problem all you can do it mask it so your users don’t hear it! Use this document to help track down the problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a0080149a1f.shtml

If you can’t fix it with this document I can recommend some good third party external noise cancellers.

Craig

Re: Voice Echo

I'm looking for a good noise canceller. What ones have you had experience with and which do you recommend?

Views
Helpful
Replies