Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Extension does not activate Opening Greeting

I recently restored Unity from a Ghost image and imported all the users. The TSP tests ok to the call manager. When I dial the Voice mail extension 4000 I get the message that says that the Example Administrator is not available instead of the opening greeting. I checked call routing and it is correct. I noticed the Example Administrator did not have an Extension. I created another user called ExampleUser and replaced the Example Administrator as the owner and Message Recepient of all Call Handlers and added this user to the Exchange groups. The message I get now when I dial 4000 says that the extension I'm trying to reach is not available.<br><br>4000 is the voice mail Extension from Call Manager.<br><br>I opened Call Viewer and it shows the correct extension 4000.<br><br>Any Ideas<br><br>Greg<br><br>I <br><br>

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Voice Extension does not activate Opening Greeting

What version of Unity do you have?

Is it possible that the Opening Greeting CH is playing a “blank” greeting and then transferring to the Example Administrator? This could cause what you are seeing. If you delete that user then you will get an error in the event log when you call in. My error was:

Attempt to transfer from extension [] to __03:{657D289E-165E-48AC-AA85-BE77445756CD} fail due to the target Call Handler does not exist

On 3.1(4) it just loops "Sorry I did not recognize that as a valid entry." Maybe in 2.4.6(X) we say something different...

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Voice Extension does not activate Opening Greeting

I am running Unity 3.1(3). I created a new Call Handler for the opening greeting, went to Call Routing and moved the new Opening Greeting up before the default Opening Greeting. I verified that there is a message in the New Opening Greeting. I followed a previous post by Jeff on removing the Example Administrator thinking that this subscriber might be the issue. I created a new subscriber calling it ExampleUser and replaced Example Administrator as both owner and Message Receipient for all Call Handlers.

Thanks

Greg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content