cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice gateway doesn't work

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Here is my scenario:<br><br>For example, In Vancouver, I have create a subscriber John Chan ( 976_107@classroom1.com )<br>In Boston , I have create a subscriber May Wong ( 977_103@classroom2.com )<br><br>Voice gateway had been installed and extended addressing utility had been run. Also, checked with all users Email accounts, it do not have two extra address type but I add it individually smtp: 977_103@classroom1.com and Voice type : 977_103@classroom1.com... However, as I pick the phone and search by ID 977103, the system reply location Boston and extension 103, it looks good but the message returned back to system. I don't know why on this point. <br><br>If I use the phone to call somebody within organization, it works and can maintain the voice attribute of the message. Also, if I use outlook to send 977_103@classroom2.com, it works too but with .wav attachment.<br>If I use outlook to send [Voice:977_103@classroom2.com], got error message from the email system " the Email address cannot be found, prehaps the recipient is on different organization"<br><br>Then based on your release note 3.02, one of Caveat number CSCdu79738 stated that we use ADSIedit to check with otherMailBox attribute whether to have proxy address set. It turns out that the proxy addresses are missed. In that case, Can I add in manually and what kinds of attribute value do I need to add in ?? Please advise.<br><br><br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

It's hard to tell for sure but from your description I'd have to guess the IVC isn't properly registered on the SMTP gateway. The setup for 3.0x is a tad ugly and it's real easy for this to happen. The 3.1 IVC setup we're testing with in the lab today is much, much smoother - extend the schema and run setup, everything else is done for you... no more manual gateway configuration steps etc...

if the proxy addresses aren't being created by the Extension Address Utility, this could be the cause, however when sending a message from Outlook to a [VOICE:xxx@yyy] address normally the error message would say something like "no transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient" or similiar instead of "the recipient could not be found" as you describe.

This could be an issue with Extension Address Utility not creating the addresses properly. Try creating a new user and then look for the proxy addresses. Also, if you try to add a new email address in ADUC, is "VOICE" a selectable type? If not, it's likely the gateway not installed properly.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Hi,

I have tried to add a new subscriber and run the extended address again. I cannot see " Voice " type to be selectable from the manual. It may be the reason of what you have said Voicegateway are not installed properly. I also found that if I go into MTS-in and MTS-out, I have got red exclamination mark in the folder. IS it normal and the message is " Enumerate message from the queue"

One more thing, all subscribers created are store in another OU instead of the default user folder, will it be the reason?

Regards,
Bruce Yim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: