Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice integration

Hi,

I have a small network of 50 users which is in a single domain (windows 2003) with an exchange server as the mail server. there is no layer 3 switch in the network. all the switches are catalyst 2950. I want to implement ip telphony with voice mail, ivr and unified messaging. There is no epabx at present.With minimum changes how can I integrate voice in to the present network. Please mention the switches, routers, E1 modules required. can i use the exisitng 2950 switches? All the users are in a single vlan. no need to support mobile users and branch office. The users may increase up to 250. pease suggest a solution giving switches to be used routers to be used and the phones .at present the network is wired by cat 5 cabling.looking for a solution.

Regards

prakavi

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: voice integration

First you want to consider if you can make the under desk neater by using POE, and if you have enough cabling, or need to chain the PC off the phone. Thus said you will as a minimum a 28xx router of the ISR series that can have DSPs on board and digital interfaces for POTS interconnection as necessary. A good rule is to get the bigger router your budget can afford, but any router will work for 50 phones.

Then you have the choice between CCM and CCME.

The first needs dedicated redundant hardware, is extremely feature-rich and administration demanding. The second runs in IOS in the router itself and can do much as well. Look on the forum and the cisco site for a more detailed comparison amongst them.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content