Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice mail Calls are appearing as Missed Calls and cannot retrieve messages

An inbound caller form PSTN calls a particular extension and leaves a voicemail for that user. The user try to retrieve their voicemail and no messages are saved. The message appears as an Missed call on the IP Phone. Any idea on this one?

A second situation is that when someone calls inbound from the PSTN and leaves a voice message the MWI shows there is a message. Trying to retrieve the messages Unity replies there are no messages.

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Voice mail Calls are appearing as Missed Calls and cannot re

I had a very similar situation, only I'm not certain if we have the same configuration. To start, I am running Exchange2k, Unity 3.1.4. I had two instances of the user mailbox listed in the System Manager for Exchange. Go to Recipients/Servers/SERVERNAME/First Storage Group/Mailbox Store/Logons/Mailboxes. Check to see if you find two mailboxes for your user account. I deleted the mailbox with no size/items. Problem was resolved. Hope this helps.

Cisco Employee

Re: Voice mail Calls are appearing as Missed Calls and cannot re

Also, make sure you don't have any inbox rules moving messages from the inbox into folders... I see this from time to time. Unity only has access to your inbox and if messages are moved out of there into folders either on the server side or on the client side, we wont have access to them.

It might be helpful to fire up a client to view the inbox of one of these users while your run some tests...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content