cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail is skipped over when listening to messages

nzz0099
Level 1
Level 1

I've got one user that occasionally works from home. When she dials in to check voice mail, Unity will sometimes skip over a new message to play another.

The skipped over message will play fine when the user listens to the message through the VMO client. This is an intermittent problem and I have not been able to find an error in the logs corresponding with the time the problem occurs.

What do you recommend I do to even troubleshoot a problem like this? Are there traces or diagnostics that I can run at the time the user's checking voice mail?

We use CM 3.0.8 and Unity 3.0.1.7.

TSP is 6.0.2.0

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like bug CSCdx56923:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdx56923&Submit=Search

If you have a message in this state you can verify that's the case using DOHPropTest to look at the user's mailbox - you'll need a password for the day to do that... you can contact TAC for help or ping me at "lindborg@cisco.com" and I can help you out taking a look.

there's a hotfix for 3.1(3)... this wasn't seen in 3.0. There is no 3.0.1.7 version of Unity so I'm not entirely sure what version you're on...

Hi Jeff,

I took a look at the Bug toolikt and read the description of the bug. I run Unity 3.1.3 and quite a lot of the users I support commute and check their mail over the PSTN. None of them has reported this problem yet but I'd like to be prepared. We are not yet ready to upgrade to 4.0 and therefore, I am very interested in the hot fix. How can I get it and apply it if needed?

Regards,

Ade

Well, 4.0 isn't shipping yet so you couldn't upgrade to it even if you wanted to. You can get hot fixes by opening a case with TAC - hotfixes are not available for download off CCO.

Thanks Jeff,

I will do that if we do experience the problem. As per the upgrade, what I actually meant was that we are not likely to upgrade for quite a while. I suspect that Unity 4.0 will be released sometime soon the way folks have been going on about it, right?

Regards

I don't have a release date handy - later this year is as much detail as I have. It's in early field trial now...

Jeff

Sorry the version of Unity we're running is 3.0(1.7). I looked at the bug ID you provided, but it was for 3.1(3). Is there anything, aside from upgrading, that can be done to resolve this issue with our version of Unity?

Unity ship versions 3.0(1) through 3.0(4) before rolling to 3.1(1)... not sure what 3.0(1.7) is unless you got a beta version of 3.0(2) out there somehow or another.

anyway, I don't know of any work around to this particular issue other than upgrading. It doesn't affect a lot of sites. The fix was for Unity to not care if there's no priority set on the message... one theory was that some virus scanning software was at play in the priority being empty on some inbound messages, but I don't think that was ever proven conclusively. Regardless, the fix wasn't ported back any earlier than 3.1(3) I'm afraid.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: