Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Mail - Message button with multiple voice mail systems

Hi all,

I have a question that maybe one of you has come across before. Our organisation has one CallManager 3.1(4b) cluster consisting of four locations separated via DS3/WAN. We have two voice mail servers and would like to split voice mail management between them by having two locations redirect to one voice mail server and the other two to the other. The question is how can I do this if the message button can only direct to one number in one cluster? Is the solution to split the cluster? or is there a way to configure the message button parameter within the same cluster?

Right now the answer is to configure a speed dial button but that is not what our users want.

Any insight is appreciated.

Ron Earle

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Voice Mail - Message button with multiple voice mail systems

I could provide you with a workaround...however why don't you upgrade to CM 3.2 and they you have the flexibility of Voicemail Profiles? The upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 is pretty painless and it makes sense.

Re: Voice Mail - Message button with multiple voice mail systems

I had considered that but thought maybe there was something else I could try before going that route. Thanks for the reply though, that might be the simplest solution.

Thanks,

Ron Earle

Views
Helpful
Replies