Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Mail Message Header

When Unity delivers a message to a users Exchange mailbox the subject of the message reads message from [username]with a .wav file attachment.<br><br>Is there a way to change the default subject line to possibly read Voice Message from [username]? <br><br>This would allow users to continue to user outlook rules to move messages from a person to a different folder that the inbox and have an exception in the rule to not forward voice mails thus leaving the MWI light.<br><br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Voice Mail Message Header

No, there's no way to change the default subject line (this is set by the conversation code and isn't scriptable). There are a couple other ways to do this, however, using either the message class of a voice mail (IPM.Note.voice.unity) or leveraging the ViewMail form that’s registered.

I ran this on my test box real quick and it works OK. Using the rules wizard on my Outlook 2000 I added a rule with the following settings:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where my name is in the “to” box (whatever criteria you want here)
Move it to the “My Folder” folder
Except if it uses the “ViewMail for Outlook” form.

You select the VMO form under the personal folders list… all incoming messages in this test got moved to the “my folder” folder except voice mail messages which stayed parked in the inbox.

If that’s not what you’re looking for, let me know and I’ll dig around some more.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies