cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice mail

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br> I have a question from users about dialing their own extensions to retrieve voice mails and still being asked to put in their own extensions again before enter the passwords. Is there any way to get around that ? Thanks for help.<br>Duc Vu<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

What happens when they dial the pilot number for voicemail?

Not applicable

From Ip phones, they hit "messages" button and will be asked for password...I think they're happy with that but dialing their own extensions from outside and got asked to put in extensions again before passwords, I don't think they buy it.

Not applicable

If they are calling their DID numbers from other external phones, they will need to identify themselves by entering their DTMF ID & password. That's a security feature and it's how the system works.

If they dial the pilot number (press the messages button) it should auto-login because Unity can see the calling station ID & match it to their system ID.

If they are dialing their DID numbers from the desk phone in order to log into voicemail, that is inefficent since it may even tie up 2 trunk lines if the switch can't auto-route the call.

I think the behavior you're seeing is expected based on the way the system works.