Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail

Hello guys,

We have a user who is not getting his voicemails on his phone, but is getting them in his email. Could you please help me to resolve this issue. We have unified messaging and the unity version is 4.1.

Thanks,

Bahman

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bahman,

Make sure that the correct extension is configured in Unity. Also, if the user is using a POP client and the client is set to pull messages from the server without leaving a copy, you will see this issue. Either set the POP client to leave a copy of the message on the server or use IMAP. I would recommend IMAP since even if a copy of the message is left, the server will see the message as having been read once it is downloaded, so new messages will show as saved messages and your MWI will not work.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

Where and how do I have to configure the IMAP?

Thanks,

Bahman

If you're using Outlook with Exchange,

1. Go to Control Panel -> Mail

2. Click Show Profiles.

3. Click Add.

4. Give the profile a name and click OK.

5. Click Next to add a new email account.

6. Choose Microsoft Exchange Server and click Next.

7. Enter your Exchange server name and username.

8. Click Next.

9. Click Finish.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

The Client has already been set up for this user and the type of server that we use her is Exchange 2003. I don't see the option to change it to IMAP. Please note the same configuration is used for the whole oranization and only one out of 150 people is affected

Thanks,

Bahman

Thanks Brandon,

The problem was resolved and it was due to some rules that the user had applyed for his email.

Thanks again,

Bahman

P.S. Are you Brandon Ritchy?

Bahman,

Glad you got your problem resolved. My name is Brandon Buffin.