Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

voice-mail

Hi, we have a customer with a md110 with a octel voicemail system.

We are going to install a callmanager, but the customer wants the callmanager to be connected with the octel while the md110 stays connected!.

The DPA is too expensive, so they want a VG200.

at cisco they say it works, but do I have integration, mwi etc.

Does anybody have answers for me, I don't want to be surprised while installing!

1 REPLY

Re: voice-mail

Unless the customer has a BIG Octel system then I doubt they will have a system that can support data feeds to 2 PBX's. So when you try and connect the Octel to the VG200 you'll get the speech paths but no kind of message info.

In fact you'll be lucky if you get the VM to know which Mailbox the call is going to.

The VM needs a data feed (SMDI) from the PBX and in your customers case that's being provided by the md110. once you remove the MD110 then you can connect up the CCM feed.

Try thinking a little laterally, are the calls being passed to the CM from the MD110, if so then can the PBX pull the call back if it's not answered, if so there's your answer. OK it's not going to give you MWI but at least calls will go to the correct Mbox. You can then create an AA that doesn't answer the call to solve the BUSY problem, forward the CM ext to AA on Busy so the MD110 timeout kicks in and pulls the calls back.

Also saves buying the VG200 as a stop gap for ports.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content