Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice message on Exchange

Hi,<br> My customer is currently a Exchange 2000 as mail server and Outlook 2000 for mail client. All users will download their e-mail by the use of pst. Now they want to have UM for all users, but the problem is how I can make those voice messages to be kept on Exchange 2000 server while those data e-mail can be downloaded to Outlook 2000 client. Can the "Rule Wizard" get help? <br><br>many thanks<br>David<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Voice message on Exchange

Do you know which method of remote connectivity they'll be using with Outlook? Depending on what method they're using, yes you can do this a couple of ways. You can choose to download only messages that don't have a message class of IPM.Note.Voice.Unity (voice mail message classes) or you can filter on attachment names I believe (anything with "VoiceMessage.WAV" would be left behind. They can also download just the headers and select which messages they want to download depending on the method... this can be handy since sometimes they may want to get some voice mail messages and faxes for instance.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content