cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Messages being chooped up

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

I have a random problem where sometimes voicemail messages will have a couple of miliseconds of voice missing here and there throught the message. Basically, the message sounds choppy. I have not been able to duplicate the problem at will, nor have I been able to find any odd errors in the event log. The only events that I can correlate with the timeframe when this started is upgrading the Unity license for more users, and installing ART on the Call Manager. This is Unity 3.12c on Win2k, Exchange on box, but soon to be moved off box. Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

Do users experience this just when listening to voice mail, or does it happen when listening to various greetings and prompts as well? Does this ever occur during a regular phone conversationn between two people? Does this happen when calling from ip phone to Unity or when the call is coming in from the PSTN?

Do the chopped parts appear in the same places everytime you listen to the message? Have you tried listening to the message on your computer without dialing into Unity? This will tell us whether it was recorded this way or if it's just playing it this way.

Are full syllables being dropped, or does it sound like it's pausing and then resuming right where it stopped? Have you taken any sniffer traces local to the Unity server to see if the RTP stream coming into Unity is clean?

Issues like these are always very complex, and it might be easier for you to open a case with TAC.

adam

Hi,

Like Adam has rightly pointed out, this is a potentially complicated issue that may have nothing to do with Unity itself. I hope it is not as complicated as it sounds.

You mentioned a point that is very important; Unity and Exchange being on the same physical server. What is the hardware config of this machine? How is the memory utilization? DOes the system have to use the paging file often? Is your hard drive a SCSI or IDE device? Chances are that your problem might be memory or processor-related. I'm assuming that all configs are accurate and that the chopping is universally experienced (internal and external messages). It is possible that this problem occurs only with messages and not greetings due to the fact that greetings are generally shorter than messages and as such are less intensive system-wise. This leads to another question : Do you get accetable performance for a hile and then it becomes choppy?

There are a lot of possible scenarios here. I'd love to hear your feedback.

Regards,

ADE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: