Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Messages not storing more than 1 Min

Hi,<br>I am using Unity 3.1 integrated with call manager3.1.Outside as well as inside callers cannot leave a voice mail for more than one min.It gets disconnected with a greeting "To send this message press 1........"The settings in mesages> Max message length in sec is set to 400 Secs.The total voice mailbox limit is 15,000 KB & is hardly used.where else should I change the setting.<br><br>Regds<br>Anonymous<br><br>

5 REPLIES

Re: Voice Messages not storing more than 1 Min

What Codec are you using for recording on Unity?
Sounds to me that Unity is not hearing anything and is ending the recording session assuming that there is silence. That is why you hear the after message menu.
You should probably check the audio settings to make sure that Unity is hearing stuff. Could be one way audio issues.
Do you have a TAC case open for this?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Was there a resolution to this? I too am having the same issues. I am using the default codec which I believe is G711.

Gold

One-way audio can have multiple causes. Make sure Unity does not have more than 1 NIC or more than 1 IP address. Make sure you can ping the phone from Unity.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks. Ironically this was not a one way voice issue as calls were fine but something (gateway?)cut off the call.

I ended up opening a TAC case and was recommend to use this.. Worked flawlessly!!

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/vmdisco30sec.html

Anonymous
N/A

Are you running a system in Demo mode? I think demo systems have a limit of around 15 seconds (and only 2 ports)

When you play back the message is there audio recorded?

Does it let you add to your message? you may need to allow edits on the messages page of the mailbox to test this.

You might also try bumping up the long & short pause timers on System->configuration->recordings, in case it's just timing out too quickly.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Views
Helpful
Replies