Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice NM-HD-2VE

I'm having some trouble with this network module being recognized by my router. At one time, the router recognized the module and the daughter cards (4-FXS/DID and 4-FXO), I had it registered with call manager, but could not produce dial tone on the analog ports.

TAC suggested a reseat of the card and reload of the router, since then, the router no longer reports the card.

Is anyone out there using the "Voice NM-HD-2VE" network module ??

I am using a 3745 router with IOS ---

Cisco IOS Software, 3700 Software (C3745-IPVOICEK9-M), Version 12.4(5), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3) ----

any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: Voice NM-HD-2VE

Does it atleast show up in sh diag, that there is an unknown daughter card ? Try to reseat in each of the 4 slots. Try using another NM (any NM, you may have) on the 3745 slots to ensure your slots are not bad. Also try the NM-HD on another router (if you have one) and see if the module shows up there. Then you can confirm if the module is bad or not. Time for RMA...

Re: Voice NM-HD-2VE

It does show up in sh diag:

Slot 2:

Voice NM-HD-2VE (3 on-board DSPs) Port adapter

Port adapter is disabled

Port adapter insertion time unknown

------------

The router is in a remote office and there is only one router there. I will try and have the onsite tech move the module to another slot in the router.

It does not show either of the two daughter cards that are connected to the module.

Thanks for the advice.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with the NM-HD-2VE ??

Views
Helpful
Replies