Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Over ATM

Is VOATM (native traffic) supported in 7200? how about in AS5300. i'm looking at the CISCO IOS Feature navigator and searched for Voice Over ATM. However, in the list of platforms that supports this feature, there's no 7200 nor As53xx. Does this mean there isn't any IOS for 72xx or AS53xx that supports VOATM

thanks in advance.

bing

4 REPLIES

Re: Voice Over ATM

VoATM and VoFR are both supported on 7200 but neither is supported on an AS5300. The main reason we only have VoIP on AS5300 is because this box is not a WAn router and since VoATM and VoFR will require a direct WAN connection from the router, this will not be an available feature on AS5300. You can technically connect the AS5300 to a WAN via the HighSpeed serials but it is highly recommended to keep the access server in the LAN to use it fully for the purposes it was designed for.

For the IOS to support 7200 VOATM, you can run the latest 12.2 mainline or 12.2T (if you need all the fancy voice features), both of which are available on CCO.

thanks for the rsponse. follow-up inquiry...

is there a restriction on hardware? i.e. can use the same voice ports which i use for VOIP. e.g Pa-VXCs and PA-MCX. thanks

bing

Hello again. Both PA-VXC and PA-MCX will support VoIP and VoFR on 7200.

So you can choose either one as long as they are configured for VoFR.

Hope this helps.

Hi! How about VoATM?

Views
Helpful
Replies