Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Quality and Bandwidth Requirement

I am just planning to integrate VoIP in my office. We 2 x 64 KBPS Leased Line from our service provider. Having 2 lines is just for redundancy and traffic managment.

MY overseas office have 128KBPS leased line also. I am going for 1751 Router with VXO and VXS Cards so that I can also get hold of the PSTN lines at both the offices. The ping msec at the moment between both offices is around 400 msec.

Can you comment whether it will be advisable and practical to go for the VoIp on such infastructure. If requireed, I can dedicate my one leased line just for VoIP and one for my Data.

Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY

Re: Voice Quality and Bandwidth Requirement

There are a lot of variables. This infrastructure will not handle more than a couple simultaneous voice calls with negligible data traffic. The ping delay seems high too. Is that usual or peak delay? In any case, you’ll likely upgrade your bandwidth ultimately. The reduction of pstn costs should more than pay for such an upgrade.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content