Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Quality over VPN

We have a small remote site connected to our main site and the call manager cluster is located at the main site. At the remote end they can here people fine but the other end of the call cannot here them well. It happens especially on calls outside of the network. It is a very spotty problem also. What are some suggestions on fixing this? Would upgrading the Wan link(currently 512 k) help. There is also no data on the remote end just 4 ip phones.

1 REPLY

Re: Voice Quality over VPN

Jonathan,

I have done this with a simlar setup. I have CCM centralized at the main sites, with a couple small offices doing voice over VPN. I have yet to hear of any audio problems after about 8 months of service.

The best connection of these sites is 3Mb down, 512 up, and the worst is 1Mb down, 384Kb up.

I am doing data and voice over the VPN, but am using QoS to at least control the rate of what is being sent out. Obviously once it hits the Internet, you can only hope for the best.

Can you elaborate on your setup? What devices are you using, what is your up/down bandwidth at the remote office, and the main office? Are you monitoring bandwidth utilization at both remote and main?

Views
Helpful
Replies