cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice recording

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br>I remember a long time ago hearing that Unity could be setup to record a conversation at the touch of a dial number during a phone call. Does anyone know if this can be done, and if so how ? <br>Thanks.<br><br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

This is the "live record" feature and a handful of PBX switches out there are capable of doing it. You'll still see a "live record" even in the routing rules section of the SA to accomodate this. The switch is doing the heavy lifting here, Unity just starts recording when we're told to by a blast of DTMF digits on an inbound call tells us to do so. You program a button on the phone to do live record and when you hit it (usually only for trunk calls) the switch grabs another line, calls into Unity, sends us the DTMF packet to indicate it's a live record for subscriber X and then does a "silent conference" into the current conversation. Unity starts recording and leavs the resulting message for the subscriber indicated by the switch when we got the call.

I know there a live record feature being investigated for Call Manager but I don't know where it's at in the development cycle at the moment.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I have a couple of 2.4.6 users that are complaining that part of their converstion was recorded by Unity and then delivered to their inbox. Could this be the "live record" feature kicking in? Switch is a Nortel M1. I have ruled out Unity being on a conference. Both of these calls were direct inbound calls that the user answered.

Not likely... the live record feature requires the switch to send us a specific incoming call type (a very long string like "124567890" here) that will identify to us that it's a live record request. Not likely that we'd accidentally pick that up.

More likely this is a notification for a subscriber dialing out to their phone which is forwarding back and being recorded. If the messages include part of the delivery conversation (i.e. "This is the unity messaging system calling with a message for (voice name of subscirber)...") then this is what's happening.

You can tell Unity not to answer calls if the calling number matches the extension of one of the Unity ports to help prevent this...

Here is my 2 cents. If you want a work around for call manager, the called party can do a conference to their voicemail box. This is essentially what a live record does anyhow. I have not found a way in call manager to simulate feature buttons on a speed dial, but you could write an XML app to do accomplish this.

Just curious if you ever resolved this issue. Am having a simialr issue with Unity 3.x and CCM3.2.

if you are looking for this functionality you might to look into the

IPCC products,