Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

voice-to-data gateway

I need a solution via which I get prompted for a customer number, and other values. After I input these values, the system would export the data into an ASCII file.

For example, when the user calls in, the system prompts: Enter your customer number. The user would then via the phone key in the number. Next the systems would ask, enter XYZ information, and the user would input this information. After the call is finished, the information should be captured in a file somewhere on system's file system.

Can Cisco IVR do this? Is that the best tool for the job? If not,can any other software that talks to call manager do this? If not VOIP type software, any other software?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: voice-to-data gateway

The IP IVR can make dips into a database that is reachable via ODBC to authenticate information such as customer number and zip code, or whatever information you want to check against. I don't think the current version of the IP IVR can output results to a text file, but you can use the DB Write step to actually write some information about what was done into a table in your database, which may be an even better solution.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content