Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice to email - Reverse Domain Lookup

Hi there. <br>A small issue with voice to email - the unity was initially setup with an invalid domain name, as a domain name was not required for this server. This is causing a problem with mail servers whom receive an voice email from the unity server and do an inverse lookup on the IP address, when the resolution fails the email is blocked by the receiver. Is there a way to change the domain name to a vaild one, or any other option you may be aware of?<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Voice to email - Reverse Domain Lookup

There's no easy way I know of for changing the domain name on a standing server with Exchange without doing a reinstall. We had a site just last week that attempted to do this with Ex5.5 and it got reasonably fouled up and they ended up having to blow it away and install from scratch into the domain they wanted.

Did you set the Unity server up as a DC or something? And now you want to integrate it into a "real" domain? You said the server didn't need a domain... not sure I'm following you. Exchange 5.5 wont install unless the server is a member of a valid domain... I'm assuming you installed it as a stand alone domain in it's own world and now you want to pull it into another existing domain. This is possible (though difficult) with Ex2K but 5.5 is real twitchy about that.

The best I can suggest is you can try using bi directional trusts between the customers domain and the domain you installed Unity into. However, as a rule this is not a good configuration. Domain trusts are a pain to deal with and are notoriously flakey, especially in 4.0.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies