Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice - Transparent CCS

Has anybody done any configs with transparent CCS.

I need to configure this for a VOIP link using Clear Channel Code over IP.

I have found a config on Cisco - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a96c1.shtml

I am having trouble understanding the relation with the POTS / VOIP configs and the PABX. What does the PABX send to the router in relation to a call. The PABX is using DPNSS signaling.

Normally voice routers do inteligent call routing depending on your dial-peer voip configs, but the above document has 6000 & 8000 pots configs. Just wondering how the PABX fits into these configs. Do these 6000 & 8000 pots configs have any relation with the call coming from the PABX or are they just a number.

If anybody has done transparent CCS, could they possible send me a copy of their configs, excluding IP addresses(obviously) or point me to any more links with relavent information.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Voice - Transparent CCS

The POTS and VOIP dialpeers are only used by the router to transport each channel via IP. The POTS dialpeer on one side needs to match the VOIP dialpeer on the far side. This setup needs to be completed for both sides (near and far to provide 2-way comunication). These dial peers don't provide inteligent routing at all, all the smarts are within the PBX's, the routers are simply supplying a virtual cross-over cable to network the two PBX's.

I hope this helps,

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.