Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Transport For large contact centers

Hi All,

This question has been asked time and again and there seem to be no definite answers anywhere . Here it is again :

We are actively engaged in many contact centre deals in India. This is the normal solution :

IPCC (India ) --> Voice Transport ---> WAN --> Voice Gateway --> US PSTN ( For calls from customers )

While our advantages on IPCC is great and we talk about the location independence and applications that we can enable on IP , when it comes to voice transport on IP we are in a fix whether to position multiple VoIP gateways and routers ( AS5400HPX and Cisco 7200VXR ) or a completely redundant MGX mux solution. Here are the list of issues on VoIP Transport:

1.Scalability ( we need voice transport on IP which can do 1000 calls ) .

2.Many customers want voice calls at a low bandwidth as IPLCs are very expensive (which means cRTP ). We also need to clearly guarantee what kind of bandwidth each voice call on IP would require.

3. Our Voice Platforms like Cisco 7200VXR / Cisco 3660 /Cisco 3745 do not offer any processor redundancy which stops us from offering them as voice transport platforms for contact centres . I am not sure how Voice with cRTP works on Cisco 7500 which is the only platform that offers redundancy.

4. Automatic rerouting of calls & call preservation in case of WAN link failures.

Someone please correct my perceptions if I am wrong .

In the absence of all the above requirements , we are forced to position MGXs for this purpose (which unfortunately do not offer integrated IP Transport ) and forego some of the advantages that we could have derived from an end to end IP Solution .

For Example ,with IP Everywhere we would have had the independence of locating any resource anywhere .. For Eg : IP IVR could be in the US , Conferencing resource can be at US , saving trunk bandwidth .

It is time we got together and discuss a combined strategy on what needs to be done to enable and end to end IP.

I need urgent assistance to address the above concerns.

If any of you have implemented large contact centres ( typically 1000 seats and above ), please let me know what you are doing for the transport ?.

Regards

Manjunath Kashi

2 REPLIES

Re: Voice Transport For large contact centers

Have you talked to the people from the IPCC user group?

Re: Voice Transport For large contact centers

Have you talked to the people from the IPCC user group?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content